GPA Europe June 2020 Newsletter
Cancellation of GPA Europe Spring Conference physical event
1 – 4 June 2020
In light of the global coronavirus pandemic, GPA Europe and TOTAL have taken the decision to cancel the GPA Europe 2020 Spring Conference physical event scheduled to take place in Paris on this day from 1 - 4 June 2020. We reached this decision after extensive consultation with the community and in the interest, first and foremost, of protecting the safety and well being of our members, partners and staff. This is not a decision we take lightly, but one we believe is the most responsible course of action given global circumstances.
We are exploring options to launch some virtual events with world-class industry thought leadership content. We will update you via our website, www.gpaeurope.com, and on our social media platforms as these plans take shape. Don't forget to connect with us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter and join us on Facebook.
We look forward to seeing you in person at next year’s GPA Europe Spring Conference, to take place Spring 2021 at TOTAL’s headquarters in Paris.
As always, we want to hear from you, our GPA Europe members. If you have topics of interest or would like to be involved in our virtual events, please do get in touch with us at [email protected].
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
We provide a direct marketing channel to Directors and Process Engineers within the natural Gas Processing Industry.
We have multiple sponsorship opportunities at our events, as well as advertising within In Brief and our Newsletter - contact us for more information.
Our November 2019 Issue of In Brief is now out on the streets - Check it out! Our next issue will be available shortly.
If you would like to contribute to future issues, we have an opportunity to get involved. A chance to promote your name through the industry.
In Brief is a great opportunity to gain product recognition to the GPA Europe membership.
Please contact the GPA E Team for more information - [email protected]
GPSA Engineering Databooks - 14th Edition
The 14th edition of the GPSA Engineering Databook is now available with up to the minute improvements and the latest data.
The GPSA Engineering Databook is almost 1,000 pages of technical information and is the worldwide authoritative resource for technical and design information. It compiles basic design information together with data and procedures that can used by field and plant engineers to determine operating and design parameters.
Every process engineer should have one!
It is not all about GPA Europe
All the latest news from our members...
Aker Solutions is pleased to invite you to the CCUS Academy webinar series
In this series of 10 short web meetings (max 30 minutes) that will be held via Skype, Aker Solutions invite experts to talk about various parts of carbon capture, utilization and storage.
To see examples of the first webinar they have already conducted – you can sign-up to access the recordings for free here:
If you are interested in following the next webinars in the series you can sign-up for them using the link here. Then you will receive the invitations for the other webinars in the series addressing questions and issues such as:
- Is it possible to place a carbon capture plant on an FPSO? Is electrification the only option to low carbon solutions offshore?
- Can EOR be good for the environment?
- What are the secrets behind an HSE friendly amine solvent in CO2 capture? Are standard amines enough when realizing large scale plants?
- Next generation carbon capture using membranes: Are membranes the key to successfully capturing CO2 on the seabed?
- Achieving the right balance: Why heat and mass balances are the essence of an effective carbon capture technology.
- From big to compact – how carbon capture became affordable. Key developments that have brought down the cost of carbon capture by 90%.
- The space hurdle – how to fit carbon capture into your plant. Adding a carbon capture plant can be difficult, but not impossible.
- Going supersize – challenges and opportunities with large scale carbon capture plants. Making the best out of the fact that your emissions are large.
- Industry solutions for capture at waste incinerators: When heat integration becomes a deal breaker.
- Industry solutions for carbon capture in cement plants. When waste heat and heat integration provide a positive business case.
- Emissions to air – does it matter? Why carbon capture plants can end up in challenges if they don’t consider emissions.
- Lost in utilization: How to navigate the many utilization options for CO2.
- Looking inside the containers – a guided tour through a compact carbon capture plant.
Orbital Gas Systems have Rebranded
GPA Europe member company, Orbital Gas Systems, have undergone a revamp and rebranding at group level, to reflect their new focus in the energy sector. In May this year, CUI Global, officially changed its name to Orbital Energy Group and are now trading on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol ‘OEG’. The name change to Orbital Energy Group comes with a fresh new look and symbolises the company’s ongoing transformation to becoming a premier provider of diversified energy infrastructure services to its customers, and includes the formation of Orbital Power and Orbital Solar to join the existing GPA-E member, Orbital Gas Systems, who continue to provide products and integrated systems engineering to operators and contractors in the manufacturing, energy and renewables sectors.
The new group and company websites can be found at www.orbitalenergygroup.com and www.orbitalgas.com, respectively.
Gulf Energy Information
We have been continuing our partnership with Gulf Energy Information; you may know them better as the company who publish Hydrocarbon Processing, Gas Processing and LNG, Petroleum Economist and several other industry tomes.
If you would like to sample the product for free, just click on the graphic for a free trial subscription.
If you have news you would like to share with our members, please email us at [email protected]